Some of Holmwood's notable buildings:

 

  • Anstie Grange, Anstie Grange Lane - mansion built in the 1860s by Admiral Sir Leopold Heath; now split into apartments
  • Anstiebury Farmhouse, Anstie Lane - 15th century farmhouse with later extensions (below)

      

  • Betchets Green Cottage, Betchets Green, South Holmwood - built in the 1590s; the subject of  the book 'A Commoner's Cottage' by Frances Mountford (below)

         

  • Cherry Tree Cottage, Betchets Green - mid 18th century cottage with a 19th century bakehouse (below) 

      

  • Cinders Cottage, Holmwood Park, off Mill Road - 16th century cottage restyled as a lodge to Holmwood Park in the 19th century (below)

   

  • Holmwood Park, off Mill Road - partially destroyed by incendiary bombing only part of this 19th century mansion remains
  • Folly Farm house, Folly Lane - 18th century stone gentleman's farmhouse
  • Kitlands, off Anstie Lane - ancient farmhouse rebuilt in the 19th century
  • Holmwood Independent Chapel, Horsham Road - small early 19th century dissenting chapel now in residential  use (below)

         

  • Moorhurst, Moorhurst Lane - two 16th century dwellings have been subsumed into the structure of this 19th century gentleman's residence (below)

         

  • Nutcracker Cottage, Spook Hill, North Holmwood - late 17th century cottage once part of a cluster known as Little Egypt (below)

         

  • Priory Cottage, Horsham Road, Mid Holmwod - late 18th century cottage adjacent to the Old Nag's Head (below)

         

  • Redlands Farm house, Redlands Lane, Mid Holmwood - late 16th century farmhouse with later barns and granary (below)

         

  • South Lodge, Holmwood Common - late 18th century estate cottage; became a lodge to Holmwood Park and temporary school-house (below)

          

  • St Mary Magdalene, South Holmwood - parish church built in 1838. Original design by John Burges Watson; extensions by James William Wild, 'Mr St Aubyn' and others (below)
  •            
  • St John the Evangelist, North Holmwood - parish church built in 1874 to the design of Major Rohde Hawkins (below). For further information see www.stjohns-northholmwood.info

         

  • Stoneheal, South Holmwood - late 17th century cottage (below)          
  • Stumbleholt, Blackbrook Road - early parts of this house date from the 17th century (below)       
  •    
  • The Dutch House, Horsham Road, South Holmwood - built in 1897 to the design of Sir Edwin Lutyens. The home of Emmeline and Frederick Pethick Lawrence
  • The Norfolk Arms, Mid Holmwood - built c1830; extended and remodelled in 1908. Ceased trading as a public house in 1969 and now in residential use.
  • The Old Nag's Head and September Cottages, Mid Holmwood - adjoining late 17th century cottages. The Old Nag's Head was converted into an inn in the late 18th century to service the turnpike road (1755) but ceased business on the diversion of the turnpike in the 1820s; now in residential use (below)         
  • The Old School House, Horsham Road, South Holmwood - designed by James Park Harrison and built in 1844; now in residential use
  • The Sundial, Horsham Road, South Holmwood - built in 1903 by the Pethick Lawrences as a holiday home for impoverished mothers and children. Designed by Arnold Dunbar Smith; later occupied by John Langdon Davies (below)

         

  • The Studio, Spook Hill, North Holmwood - the late 19th century studio of Sir Joseph Edgar Boehm, sculptor to Queen Victoria, whose mansion, Bentsbrook, stood opposite
  • Vigo, South Holmwood - a 17th century house has been subsumed into the structure of this 19th century gentleman's farmhouse (below)        
  • Waterland Farm, Blackbrook Road - farmhouse built circa 1590 (below)

         

  • Wymbletons, Blackbrook Road - early 19th century late Georgian-style farmhouse