The Museum Guide to Dorking
The Museum Guide to Dorking - A Brief History of the Town and Surrounding Villages
By the same author as The Lost Villages.
Discover the familiar: Box Hill, Deepdene, the Dorking Cockerel, EM Forster and Vaughan Williams. Be surprised by the unexpected: rioters, suffragettes, innovators, campaigners and radical thinkers.
The Museum Guide to Dorking combines text from the panels of Dorking Museum's permanent exhibition with reproductions of paintings, posters, photographs and artefacts from its collections, many not on display and most never published before.
This quirky, thought provoking and beautifully illustrated book provides the reader with a unique insight into the history of Dorking, its people, and the surrounding countryside and villages.
Published by The Cockerel Press
ISBN 978-1-909871-00-7 Published 2013 88 pages; 152 illustrations (98 in colour) £10.
- Available now from Waterstones Dorking OR
- Dorking Museum & Heritage Centre (see 'research and contacts') OR
- order and pay now via Paypal at the online shop (see under The Lost Villages page) OR
- order via email@example.com or use the contact form (see 'research and contacts') OR
- order via post from Kathy Atherton at Brookmeadow, Mid Holmwood Lane, Mid Holmwood, Surrey RH5 4HE / 07803 009479
Cheques payable to 'Kathy Atherton' in the sum of £9.50 (to include postage). Postage within the UK £1.50. Please enquire for overseas postage.